Sunday, July 15, 2012

Black Chevron Tips

Needed:

  • Base coat (Hoof Hands 'In the Nude' tip pen)
  • Black Striper
  • Black polish (Claire's black)
  • Glitter polish with medium sized hexagons
  • Top Coat
  • wooden chop stick
For this mani I didn't put an actual base since the base for my mani was nude and wouldn't affect my nails. Even though my base color was actually a tip pen I used it as a base because I loved the color and needed something that would match my dress and greatly contrast with the the black polish. It has an angled chisel tip so it was easy to cover the nail and dried very fast.
 I then used my striper to draw an x that would be the outline of the chevron tip. I used a regular black polish to fill them in cause it took less time.
Last was the hard part. I used my glitter polish and painted some on a sheet of paper. While still wet I fished out the hexagons one at a time and placed them on my tips. The wooden stick works the best cause it picks up the glitter easily and is inexpensive. Just make sure that you clean them after each mani with nail polish remover.
I loved this mani and got tons of compliments at prom. I will probably do it again with a different color scheme cause I liked it so much. 

No comments:

Post a Comment