Saturday, July 28, 2012

Gothic Flowers



Needed:
  • Black polish (Blackmail by Wet n Wild megalast)
  • Baby blue polish (Vintage Blue by Avon)
  • Dark Blue polish (Carnation Creation by Fingerpaints)
  • Dotting tool (mine's a pencil with a dressmaker pin in the eraser)
  • Base coat (Kiss sheer pink)
This was a really simple and easy mani. I did this because I've been addicted to short dark nails. Before this I let my nails get pretty long, but long nails tend to be a pain to text and type with so yesterday I cut them cause I could no longer handle them.
I used to always have really long nails but ever since I got a smartphone they are no longer practical.
So first I used my base coat. ALWAYS use a BASE COAT when putting on DARK POLISHES, otherwise your nails will get stained and you will have to hide them behind potent polishes until they grow out. Thats not a problem for polish addicts like myself, but not everyone can have polish on all the time. 
Next I applies three layers of Blackmail. This is a great black polish with micro orange and green glitter in a dark grey jelly base. Two coats worked just as well but i was painting over my last mani that had bright yellow and I wanted an extra coat just in case.
I absolutely love this color and the application is a total breeze. Plus it's pretty shiny without a top coat. Which is why I didnt even bother applying one with this mani.
Lastly I finished my mani off by using my dotting tool and using Vintage Blue to make five dots in a circle pattern that would be the petals. I made two full flowers and one partial one to cover the nail but still show the color.
I put dots in the middle of the petals with Carnation Creation and whoola, I was finished. I thought the flowers finished this design perfectly. I was tempted to put purple flowers on my other nails but I liked them to much already so I just stopped  here.
I hope you enjoy and have a perfectly polished summer!!!!  


No comments:

Post a Comment