Friday, July 27, 2012

Silver and Gold



Needed:
  • Silver metallic polish (Silver by Icing)
  • Gold glitter (Nailicious Gold Rush)
  • Top Coat
I really wish I had taken a better pic of this mani but sadly I didnt so these are the best i got. This is a really simple mani that can be done in less than half an hour, no joke. 
First apply your metallic silver until its opaque. The one I used only takes one coat surprisingly. Let that dry.
Next apply the gold glitter. I just used my brush and did three strokes. One half way, the next half that amount and the last only at the tips. If you prefer you can sponge it on and get a similar look. 
Lastly apply a top coat so that the color of the glitter doesn't fade. (That has happened to me quite a lot so I highly recommend this step.)
I actually wore this mani for Christmas. I thought of it because of the song in Rudolph the red nose Reindeer, which is by far my fav Christmas movie, where the snowman sings about silver and gold decorations on every christmas tree. It was a great mani for an nontraditional christmas look. 


No comments:

Post a Comment