Sunday, July 22, 2012

Summery Tips

Needed:

  • Post its
  • Blue polish (fingerpaints)
  • Bright green polish (fingerpaints)
  • White polish (striper)
  • Silver polish (striper)
  • Base coat (Kiss, sheer pink)
  • Rainbow glitter (unknown brand)

These were really easy and fun to create. Now you may be wondering about the post it notes. I used them like striping tape to keep the lines straight and crisp. The advantage is it covers more of the nail, so you don't paint what you don't want to, and it doesn't stick and ruin the base coat.

I first did one diagonal line with the green and then went the other way with the blue after the green had dried. 

Then I outlined the bottom of the v and the line in between the blue and green with my white striper. I followed with silver to give it more of a punch. I left the white visible on my ring finger so that it looked a tad different but not much.  

Lastly I went over the tip with a glitter polish that I got from walmart a while back. It gave it a glitzy look and made it even more perfect for summer. Its def a great way to make the summer months even more enjoyable. 

No comments:

Post a Comment