Saturday, January 19, 2013

Finally some real nail art

I have finally done nail art that i am 100 percent proud of. Even with my non dominant hand. I watched Chalkboard Nails leopard print tutorial and was inspired and slightly dubious  I didn't think such awesomeness was as easy as she said. So of course I had to try it. 
I did use my dotting tool (a pencil with a dressmaker pin stuck in the eraser) for the bigger blobs. But i used a smaller stick that i had  for the outline since I couldn't get the dotting tool to work. It's basically a shish kabob stick that you put meat on but i decorated it. 
I used Claire's Rain Drops as my base. I love this grey, it has a blue undertone and is opaque in only two coats. The dry time is a little longer, but so worth it. I also used a base coat which is pictured with rain drops.
For the bigger blob I used a mini OPI that I call Hot Purple (the real name is lost to me since i threw out the package thinking the name would be on the bottle), Spoiled Distant Memory (which i got for christmas), and Wet n Wild megalast Bite the Bullet. I love all these colors so much. Hot Purple is a beautiful hot pink with a purple tone to it. Distant Memory is a blue turquoise with a light shimmer and Bite the Bullet is a dusty grey purple that I love to pieces. I then used black to outline the bigger blobs.  
The best part about  this mani is how well all these colors go together!!! They are amazing!!! And now that I learned how easy leopard print can be I must try the ikat and more interesting nail art. Thank you Calkboard Nails for making nail art easy.
I hope you enjoy and have a perfectly polished day!!!



My base and base
the dots
Only pic with top coat. 
My right hand which looks just as awesome as my left!!!

No comments:

Post a Comment