Thursday, July 24, 2014

Dhampir Tips

This is the movie poster for Vampire Academy featuring Rose (Zoey Deutch) and Lissa (Lucy Fry), repectively.

Used:
*Sally Hansen, Petal Pusher (2-3 coats, depending on nail)
*Formula X, Out of Sight
*Unknown, Gold Glitter
*Julie G, Jet Set top coat

I am a HUGE fan of vampire academy by Richelle Mead and with the new Bloodlines novel, Silver Shadows coming out soon I thought it would be a great time to do a simple mani inspired by the two main characters of the series that started Bloodlines, Lissa and Rose. (Or, Roza as Dimitri would say.) So I took the idea from Shadow Kiss, which is the 3rd book in the series of Vampire Academy. In this book they go to court and end up in a spa before leaving. Rose wants to get her nails painted, since she barely has time to do them on her own. So she picks a glittery gold color while Lissa picks a sweet, pale pink. So I decided to combine these two colors into a kind of french tip slightly glitter ombre mani, that I really do like.
To do this I used a makeup sponge for some nails and the dry brush technique for others depending on what I thought was easier.I really LOVE how it came out and I like that both colors are represented on each nail. Also that the gold kind of protect the pink by being towards the top where nails usually chip first, just like Rose always protected Lissa. I know it's quite an abstract way to think about it but I like that this is a simple mani that can be worn everyday and isn't something that screams what it's based off. It takes it and shows it without being totally written.
So anyway I hope you enjoy and have a perfectly polished day!!!!
 Also I hope you didn't mind the rant since I would like to do some more of these types of manis in the future.





This is just two coats of Petal Pusher on its own.




No comments:

Post a Comment