Wednesday, August 15, 2012

Glitter Explosion

Okay today I did my nails with an awesome glitter that I wish I owned and an explosion tape design that I found a tutorial for here (http://nailside.blogspot.com/2011/08/tutorial-explosion-design.html). She also has many versions and different ways to do this design but I wanted it to be simple and glamoruous at the same time so that's why I did it this way. So let's begin.
Needed:
  • Tape
  • Scissors
  • Creme base coat (Essie, mojito madness) 
    • this is the first Essie I ever bought and I love it. Plus it was on sale.
  • Glitter topcoat (Spark-led, Sephora by OPI)
  • Black Polish(Icing, Black)
  • Silver Polish (Icing, Silver)
This is two coats of mojito madness. I was surprised at how non smelling this polish was and how potent the color was.
Using the tutorial mentioned above I used black to make the first part of the explosion.
Then doing the same thing I finished the explosion by adding silver. I also applied one coat of the glitter to all my other nails. 

Then I added glitter to the silver explosion to make it match the others just a little better. 
And taa daa. Another mani for another day. I hope you enjoy and have a perfectly polished summer!!!

No comments:

Post a Comment