Saturday, July 14, 2012

Cross Hatched Tips


 Needed:

  • base coat (white)
  • light glitter (Twilight by Orly)
  • Pink striper
  • black striper
  • pink and silver glitter (wet n wild sparkler)

This mani made me realize two things. One I love white nail polish as a base coat. Two I need a better camera. I've been using my phone to take most of my pictures because my camera was new about 5 years ago and now not so much. Sadly my phone isnt much better since its only a 3.2mp.
Well this mani was really easy. I started with two coats of Milan white. Its so far the best white I own. Then I used a coat of Orly Twilight to give the white a little sparkle. You cant really tell in the picture but it does give  it a little more depth.
Also ALWAYS put a base coat under a potent nail polish. Otherwise youll nails will reflect that color for awhile. Even after you take the polish off.
Then I took my black striper and did x across the tip. I then used the pink striper and put a few lines and xs on top of the black ones. Lastly I finished bu put a coat of sparkler on the tips only to seal the color and add a little glitter.
I really love this mani. Its simple yet cute and bright.

No comments:

Post a Comment