Sunday, July 8, 2012

My Effie Trinket Nails

Needed:

  • Base coat (nude)
  • Glitter (gold)
  • Cosmetic Sponge
  • Paper (to put nail polish on)
  • Bright pink polish
  • Dark pink polish
  • Dark brown/red polish
  • Top Coat (Twilight by Orly)
This was a very simple mani though there were a couple more steps then in most. First I put two layers of my nude nail polish. It's a polish I got from a christmas thing so I dont know what its called or the brand. Its shimmery and kinda goldish so it was perfect for this design.
Then I sponged on the pinks around the middle of my nail. I started with the bright pink and worked my way to the darkest one.
Then i sponged the gold glitter on the area that was still nude. I started with putting the polish on a paper and picking it up that way, but since it was a thick goopy glitter i just started putting it directly on the sponge.
Lastly I put a layer of Orly Twilight as a top coat. Its a very pretty silver micro glitter that kinda gives a linear glitter shine. After that I put a clear coat and ta da, my Effie Trinket nails!!!

No comments:

Post a Comment